Growing Conditions for Aspidistra
Cast iron plants may be tough, but they have their preferences. Here’s how you can ensure they thrive:
- Light: Semi-shade to bright, but will not tolerate direct sun.
- Water: Keep soil continuously moist throughout spring and summer, and reduce watering in the winter.
- Temperature: Thrives at temperatures from 60 F to 80 F. Does not like extreme cold.
- Soil: A well-drained potting mix.
- Fertilizer: Fertilize regularly during growing season with liquid fertilizer, or use controlled-release twice during growing season.